Saturday 13 April 2013

It must be spring

A few signs of spring spotted this week...

Mute swans working really hard together building their nest.  It was lovely to watch them pulling the twigs into place and pushing them down.


A moorhen...


             ... and a coot.  They all seem to think that spring is coming, it must be a good sign.  And finally a single magnolia bud that has lost its furry cover.  The first one on a big tree to show its purple petals - surely, surely, spring must be close.


I'm spending this weekend on a photography course that I won at a promises auction.  Today was an overload of information; apparently tomorrow it will all become crystal clear.  I'm really looking forward to getting out and taking some pictures.  Today was wet, with driving rain, and no good at all for budding photographers.  Am really hoping for an improvement in my picture taking skills!

9 comments:

  1. There are birds stealing the twigs from my twiggy bird feeder so I think they are starting to think about nesting here. Hurrah! I can't remember longing for spring more than I do this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it is so late coming, I'm really struggling to find any signs of spring at all.

      Delete
  2. Lovely sharp images. Have fun trying out your new skills. Claire xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm back from the course now and suffering a little information overload.

      Delete
  3. Well, enjoy your course - but your photos look pretty good already! Beautiful images. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but room for improvement I think!

      Delete
  4. That last photo of the bud is beautiful. Enjoy your course - I'll be interested to hear how you get on. I've often fancied doing something similar. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The course was fantastic. A big emphasis on the basic theory - lots of note taking, lots of numbers, lots of blank moments. Hopefully it will all sink in though. Now I just need to find time to practice.

      Delete
  5. Lovely, and welcome, spring pictures. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete