|spot the tadpole|
Joining in with Amy and Five on Friday.
1. The Easter hols are rolling to the end far too quickly, although sometimes just keeping up with the demands for food is quite overwhelming. There's a bit of a Rubik's cube mania here at the moment. Before that it was juggling. I made them all three little bean bags each, and I'd have taken a photo if I could find them but they seem to have mysteriously disappeared. We had a crafternoon yesterday and made some cards and things with stamps and copious quantities of ink. I like to give handmade cards, even if they are a bit rough and ready.
2. The frogspawn in the garden is rapidly turning into tadpoles. They are mostly huddled together at the moment, but the braver ones are having little swims about.
3. On a grander scale, I watched a programme about the gardens at Buckingham Palace the other day. They are absolutely phenomenal, organic of course, and teeming with wildlife. Apparently there are 85 different birds that visit and 10 times more fungi than in the surrounding parks. There are royal beehives there and wild areas and ducklings on the lake. I'd never seen it all before and I was absolutely blown away. I would like to be the Queen after all. Or even the Queen's gardener.
4. I've been trying a little calligraphy in the evenings. It's something that doesn't come instantly, more of a long slow process. Late at night I write things out in a sort of unwinding way. I'm not really sure where to start, but starting somewhere has to be a good thing. I'm tired by then and I can't always be bothered to find a quote to copy so sometimes I just write lists of words.
5. Do you imagine it will be warming up any time soon? I'm hoping for some lovely picnic weather soon. I've just about adjusted to it not being winter any more and I'm bracing myself for all of the outdoor work to be done. But it seems unseasonally chilly. I nearly froze at the park on Wednesday. I'm feeling the need to wear a t-shirt and sit in the sun for a bit. The littlest boy is dallying with shorts already of course. Although today he wore the evacuee costume with sunglasses and an odd hat. Anything that will persuade him to change out of his pyjamas.
Wishing all a good weekend. CJ xx